Monday, August 25, 2008

THE FACELESS FIGHTER

I was hangin out at the Awakening in Carlsbad this Sunday (mad props to my boy Craig Muster), and while we were worshipping I got this image in my minds eye.

I saw a well formed boxer, whose tree-trunk arms that formed into bowling ball-like hands that filled two big red gloves swinging at a heavy bag. It seemed as though every breath he inhaled and exhaled were breaths of worship. His sweaty glands exuded with praise and every swift move he made seemed to exalt God.

He turned and faced me while continuously hopping from one foot to another as an experience fighter woud to keep his blood flowing warm. After well examining his fighting stance, I notice that he had no face. Yet when I thought of giving his face an image, I thought of flowers blooming and volcanic reaction. When I thought of his faces image I thought of eagles flying above mountain tops and sea creatures abiding in the bottomless ocean. When I thought of his faces image I thought of God's impossible creation.

Papa began to teach me about Jesus our faceless fighter.

You can't put a face on this fighter. He doesn't look like one who would spend his weekends fishing, camping or jet skiing nor does he look like a baptist, pentecostol, or non-denominational member, yet he fights for our hearts every Sunday morning. He doesn't have a face like a mechanic, carpenter, store manager or real estate agent yet he fights for our future ever Monday through Friday. He doesn't have the face of any counsler that you have seen yet he fights for our marriages and families every time we're at home. He doesn't have the face of a teacher or principal yet he fights for our kids everyday.

This Sunday I saw Jesus as the faceless fighter that will not be contained from fighting for us by any boundry that we have set him in nor any criticism that we would box him out of.

Jesus is our faceless fighter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is rad. We try to put a face to so many things because then it can be identified and assimilated. Not Jesus....he is the ultimate organic fighter.